Yacht Steward/ Stewardess Training
It’s not just a job - it’s a lifestyle!
Our training will teach you all you need to know to get you started in the yachting industry: from terminology and etiquette to service, laundry, bed-making, bartending or administration. You will get full support from our experienced trainers that will help you deal with the pressures of working in a multifaceted environment and the quantity and quality of the skills required to perform your role on board. The main responsibility of a yacht steward/ess is to maintain a proper yacht interior and provide the highest standard of care for the owners and guests.
Other of his/her duties may include cabin preparation – detailing to a very high standard, laundry, setting tables, arranging flowers, and cleaning all areas of the interior of the yacht. Also, you will serve food and drinks, prepare beach parties, pack, and unpack luggage and be on call for anything that the guests want anytime day or night.
The stewards/ess work under the direct coordination of the Chief Steward/ess.
Benefits of our training
- International recognized and accredited certification (diploma).
- Zero commission for recruitment and employment.
- Free CV and Yachting video CV creation.
- Online self-learning course, study in your free time with link and password on our platform.
- Every day job offers all year round.
- Access to a global network of employers and recommendations for super-yacht contracts.
- The possibility to apply to hundreds of jobs that we facilitate every year.
- Full support through the training and recruitment process.
- The chance to make a yachting career
- Free access to the e-books: “Steps into The World of Millionaires” and “Introduction to yachting” (Get your first job on a yacht), written by Carmen Andreea Preda.
- Free unlimited yachting consultancy.
- Written training support.
Our Steward/ess course content
Introduction to Yachting
- Introduction to the yachting industry.
- Basic Seamanship and terminology.
- Life on a yacht.
- Departments and hierarchy.
- Role of the interior department and crew.
- Guidelines for your job search.
- Personal presentation.
- Communication skills.
- Safety on yacht – STCW95.
- First Aid.
- Preventing pollution – MARPOL.
- Knots for fenders.
- Title and forms of address.
- Cultural Differences & Religious Influences.
- Expectations of standards.
- Pre-guest checklist.
- Guest on / Guest off checklist.
- Super Yacht cleaning.
- Standards onboard.
- Detail clean / regular clean.
- Rosters / schedules.
- Cleaning lanterns and lighting candles.
- Cabin & Public area’s cleaning:
- How to detail.
- Cleaning caddy.
- Importance of eye for detail.
- Yacht Interior surface & do’s and don’ts:
- Wood finishes and veneers.
- Polished Materials.
- Object d’Art.
- Bed making – Do’s and don’ts.
- Introduction to Wardrobe Management.
- Yacht Interior Fabrics & do’s and don’ts.
- Different types, care, and handling, particularly:
- Bed Linens.
- Curtain fabrics.
- Wall fabrics.
- Unusual materials and fabrics.
- Flower arrangement.
- Laundry labels and what they mean.
- Crew & Guest laundry.
- Stain treating.
- Correct use and routine maintenance of the washing machine.
- Correct use and routine maintenance of the tumble drier, especially the importance of cleaning the filters.
- Correct use & routine maintenance of the Iron.
- Ironing, folding, and presenting laundry garments.
- Correct way to treat:
Basic Food Service
Service – the basics
- The definition of good service
- How to achieve excellence.
- Styles of service and what influences the choice of style.
- Table etiquette.
- Understanding your menu and working with your chef.
- Table settings.
- Understanding Menus.
- Table Settings & Napkin Folding.
- Preparation for service.
- Order of service.
- Order of clearance.
- Morning Tea/Coffee.
- Afternoon Tea.
- Cheese Service/Finger food service/ Canapés.
Wine, Bartending & Mixology introduction
- Cocktails & Mixology.
- Wine and Cigars.
- The Wine Regions.
- The Grapes.
- Reading a Label.
- How Wine is Made.
- Wine Tasting.
- Wine Service.
- Wine Storage.
- Fortified Wines.
- The Spirits.
- The Equipment.
- The Glasses.
- Taking Orders & Pouring Drinks.
- Drink Service.
- The Elements of a Cocktail.
- How to Mix and Taste.
- Cocktail Presentation.
- Cocktail Service.
Participants must have reached the minimum age of 18 years to attend the course, must speak English at conversational level and be fit for physical work.
Certificate accredited internationally, every day jobs, CV & Video CV Sample, Interview sample for your next job in the yachting industry, letter or recommendation, visa USA support if you want to work in America area, fully unlimited yachting consultancy, preparing you with all the steps to become a professionally yacht crew, you will meet live our mentor Carmen Andreea Preda face to face on 1 to 1 free yachting consultancy.
Price: 950 Euros
Benefits of the job
- Starting salary of 2.500 – 3.500€.
- 10-15% tips on yacht charter type yachts.
- Promotion opportunities after each contract.
- Promotion opportunities (after 2-3 years) with monthly salaries between 6.000€ – 9.000€
- Free travel world-wide.
- Free health insurance.
- Free flights.
- Free meals.
- Free accommodation.
- Free uniform.
- The possibility to expand to a double position by adding another qualification like cook, deckhand, dive instructor, massage therapist, beautician, yoga instructor, nurse, nanny etc. – starting salary 3.500€.
- You will have the chance to meet some of the world’s richest people and experience luxury at its finest.
- You will meet people from diverse nationalities and cultures
- Working as a steward/ess for the world’s millionaires and celebrities is demanding and the standards are very high.
- And you might miss your friends and family.
Meet our graduates and their success stories!
Sign Up for Newsletter
*** You will receive an email from Capsea Yachting in maximum 24 hours.
Please verify your inbox and spam too. ***